Jobs and Internships
Current Job Opennings - We're Hiring!
Go Fresh Mobile Farmer’s Market Associate (Springfield, MA)
Go Fresh Mobile Market is seeking two market associates for the season! Come be part of an exciting project selling fresh, local produce in our Springfield neighborhoods!
The Go Fresh Mobile Farmers Market is a truck that delivers fresh produce to multiple stops across the city of Springfield from June 25 to October 31 on Wednesday, Thursday, and Fridays. See attached schedule for details.
The Go Fresh Associates will meet at New Lands Farm in West Springfield to load the produce onto the truck each morning. Then they will complete the market route for the day and return at the end of the day to New Lands Farm. The Associates will drive the truck from site to site, set up and break down the market stand at each stop, sell the produce, assist customers, handle cash register, restock produce, clean the bus and settle accounts. They will be the face of this project to customers and handle all daily tasks.
Employment Type: Seasonal, July – October; Part Time, Wednesdays and Thursdays (occasional Fridays), 8:30-5:30
Skill and Abilities:
· Ability to operate automatic truck (retrofitted school bus)
· Ability to interact with customers
· Be a frontline representative of the Go Fresh Initiative
· Knowledgeable about fresh produce
· High School diploma
· Two to three years of verifiable driving experience
· Two to three years of experience with basic sales and handling money.
· Customer service experience.
· Physically able to continuously stand, bend, stop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, and balance
· Must be able to lift 25 to 50 lbs.
· Multiple stop schedule to include set up/sales/display of produce/breakdown
· Ensure that vehicle is cleaned out properly at end of each day’s shift
· Completes, organizes, and turns in all appropriate paperwork and invoices, making sure that all
checks, debit/credit/EBT slip and monies are balanced and turned in
· Able to follow oral and written instructions
· Employee must be able to work independently and demonstrate a commitment to quality standards of produce and work area/keeping the vehicle clean and organized.
Send resume and cover letter to Shemariah Blum-Evitts, Program Manager of New Lands Farm, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 593 Main Street, West Springfield, MA 01089.
Positions available immediately. Open until filled. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Summer 2014 Field and Marketing Interns (West Springfield and Worcester, MA)
New Lands Farm is seeking summer field and marketing interns for both of our locations in West Springfield and Worcester. This is a unique opportunity to engage in a meaningful project and grow local food. Interns will have the ability to get involved in a diversity of activities associated with the project, as well as the opportunity to attend agricultural trainings and access land for personal gardening/farming. These positions are unpaid for approx. 20 hours per week, June through August. Candidates interested in starting an internship earlier in spring and/or extending through fall are welcomed. We are happy to work with your college or university to obtain sponsorship or credit. If you are interested, please contact us.
The New Lands Farm Field Intern will conduct hands-on assistance to new refugee farmers on our farm sites in West Springfield, MA or Sutton, MA and additional garden sites. The Field Intern will work directly with New Lands Farm staff to offer new farmer trainings and manage agriculture production.
The New Lands Farm Marketing Intern will conduct hands-on assistance to refugee farmers wishing to sell their fresh vegetables grown at our farm sites in West Springfield or Worcester and additional garden sites. The Marketing Intern will work directly with New Lands Farm staff to offer one-on-one marketing assistance and increase refugee farmer product sales.